"Banned from Website?"

[FCPH]King

Gönderildi 28/03/2017 - 08:33
Good day!

Hello Voobly Tech Staff. I tried accessing Voobly Website at home but I got an error saying I am banned from entering the website.

I am accessing from a different area. My sincere apologies if this is not allowed, but I would like to know the reason why do I get the error? There is no definite reason for being banned, unless my IP/subnet got caught as spam, hence my desire to raise my question, especially when I just got back from at least half a year of inactivity if I remember correctly.

When I tried to enter the Voobly website, it said something like this:

Error 1005 (???)

The owner of this website (www.voobly.com) has banned your IP from accessing the server.

Apparently, the ban was handed thru CloudFlare Security. I'll take a screenshot of the error when I get home for the exact detail. It did not even tell me the reason for being banned. I'll probably see the reply to this thread tomorrow.

Thank you.
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 kitt

Gönderildi 28/03/2017 - 13:51
hi
Quote:
unless my IP/subnet got caught as spam,
is there more to that than your saying?
send a screenshot please.

site was down earlier, so may be related to that.
 [FCPH]King

Düzenlendi31/03/2017 - 02:46 tarafından [FCPH]King
Hello. Kindly lock this thread now. I can now access Voobly from my home. I don't think it's because of the site being down because I experienced the error/ban for 2 days, which did not allow me to even play on Voobly as well. Regarding sir kitt's question, it's because I have been banned for some reason on another aoe forum, saying that I have been permanently banned, but then I contacted the administrator and the guy said that my subnet was caught and listed my IP as spam. It was dealt with so I can freely access that forum as well.

Thank you!
 kitt

Gönderildi 29/03/2017 - 15:26
hi
ok
 [FCPH]King

Düzenlendi11/04/2017 - 03:59 tarafından [FCPH]King
Hello. Sorry to bump this, but it happened again.

Here's the screenshot of what it says when I try to enter the website:
Eklentiler:
ban.jpg (dosya boyutu: 118.33 KB)

kitt

Düzenlendi11/04/2017 - 16:24 tarafından kitt
hi
one way round that would be to disconnect the router/modem, from the internet. that way the isp would allocate a new ip to your connection after a time has elapsed.
or for some models it can be done from the router/modem settings as here: [You must login to view link]
you need to stay away from 49.144.91.%
 JosephKarl

Düzenlendi12/04/2017 - 00:38 tarafından JosephKarl
Hello.

Same problem here.

I had got situations like this in a couple of websites for 2-3 days max (i assume the time it takes for a new IP to come out) but in this instance it has been a few weeks (like one and a half) and it doesn't fix.

EDIT: I can't change IP by router config or restarting it, it's set by ISP as far as i now (i've tried it before). Also it only affects the website, i can still play normally, but is very annoying not having access to the site.
Thanks for any help provided.
Eklentiler:
Capture - Copy.PNG (dosya boyutu: 141.34 KB)

kitt

Gönderildi 12/04/2017 - 01:08
hi
dont think the ip is banned.
unless the isp gave you a static ip, it can be changed. are you using two isp's?
 JosephKarl

Düzenlendi12/04/2017 - 02:36 tarafından JosephKarl
Hello. I'm actually writing this from a different location. The IP that appears banned is 181.115.10.203 which is my IP at home, and is a dynamic one (i expected this to fix it self days ago, but since that hasn't happened i'm asking here).

The question is, can you "un-ban" that IP or is this a ISP related problem?

I would love to have a static IP tho :D
 [FCPH]King

Gönderildi 12/04/2017 - 11:57
Hello. I can now access the forum here at my home. My IP is still the same though.
 kitt

Gönderildi 12/04/2017 - 15:43
hi
im told the cloudfare ban will expire after a period.
 JosephKarl

Gönderildi 15/04/2017 - 05:45
kitt wrote:
hi
im told the cloudfare ban will expire after a period.

Hi. My replay is late. It fixed two days ago. Many Thanks.
 kitt

Gönderildi 15/04/2017 - 14:41
hi
ok
 CanadianBacons

Gönderildi 08/02/2018 - 19:05
This has happened to me as well. I am running Linux, with wine. I see no reason to ban Linux users trying to access and play the game.

[1]
1 14 arasından ilk 14 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
1 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 1 ziyaretçi

Dân số hiện tại:
Word Association (95 Người chơi)
AoKTS updates (77 Người chơi)
1.6 reward campaing (55 Người chơi)
New Voobly Client 2.7 (50 Người chơi)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (44 Người chơi)
Photos of Voobly Players (22 Người chơi)
Chủ đề tích cực nhất tuần qua: