Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Aom TT issues : can't see any buildings or units icon

Aom TT issues : can't see any buildings or units icon

wowvanilla

Gönderildi 28/01/2018 - 18:29
Hi

I have an issue playing Aom TT on Voobly.
2 days ago, I played a game : everything was working just fine.

Today, I wanted to play again (I didn't do anything in between).

But here what happens :
[You must login to view link]

First thing : when the game starts, the camera is not centered on my Town Center.

When I click on my Town Center, I can't see any icons (I can't see the villager icon for example).
I still can make them by clicking on the "v" shortcut.

If I select one villy, I can't see any buildings he can create. I can still build a granary by pressing the "g" shortcut.

I tried with several people online, and also offline against the computer : same problem (I play on regular maps).

What's weird is that it was working just fine 2 days ago, and I didn't do anything with my computer in between.
I tried to update Voobly, but I think I do have the last version.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
Bağlantı | Yanıt | Alıntı
 TompXSupport

Gönderildi 29/01/2018 - 00:00
Hey, try to perform clear reinstallation.
So first uninstall, then you can reinstall it.
Lemme know if made any difference.

Cheers.
-TompX
 wowvanilla

Gönderildi 29/01/2018 - 20:35
Hi

I'll try this

I'll keep you informed

Thanks a lot for the reply :)
 wowvanilla

Gönderildi 30/01/2018 - 22:08
Hi,

I tried to reinstall AOM TT : it doesn't work.

What I did is that I fully uninstall AOM TT + AOM (including savegames).
I also went inside the Microsoft Games folder to delete everything after uninstalling.

When I re-installed AOM, I even chose a different location in C:/ to make sure
Then, I re-installed AOM and AOM TT.
I updated AOM TT with Voobly's patch 1.03
Then created a lobby for me (alone) to launch AOM TT : it doesn't work.

I have that same problem (can't see any buttons to create units) which is killing me...

I tried everything, uninstalled and re-installed couple times, but it's just not working.
I even tried to launch the game as ADMIN.
I really don't know what to do.

What is killing me is that it was perfectly working 4 days ago (and I didn't even started my computer in between).

Any idea ? The only thing I haven't done is to uninstall Voobly, but I guess it's not really relevant...

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.
 wowvanilla

Düzenlendi02/02/2018 - 21:06 tarafından wowvanilla
Hi,

I still have this problem.
Since the beginning of the week, I reinstalled AOM and AOMTT approximatively 15 times.
I think I tried everything ... I'm really so pissed off :(

Concerning my problem :
1 ) When the game starts, the camera is not focused on my main TC (it's in another foggy/dark side of the map),
2 ) When I select a villy, I can't see any icon for buildings. If I select my TC, I can't see any icon to produce Villys.
3 ) I also noticed that if I launch the AOM or AOM TT campain, it's buggued.
Like the 1rst mission of AOM TT campain is stuck on the cinematic (I can see the map, but nothing is happening).
4 ) When I want to play alone, the first map which is selected by Default is named "Invalid". And I can't play it. It's weird, it's the first time that I see this "Invalid" map appears.

---

I tried to uninstall Voobly, AOM & AOMTT.
Then reinstall AOM & AOM TT (I do have a legit game, I used CDs).
Then, at this point, I'd like to launch AOM TT to see if it works without Voobly.
But the thing is : I can't launch it with Windows 10...I tried everything, even launch with Compatibility Mode (Windows XP, Vista, 7) but I just can't launch AOM TT after re-installing it...
I even tried to launch the .exe of AOM TT and they say that some .DLL are missing : I installed thoses but still can't launch it (Windows says that one DLL have been incorrectly installed...which isn't true).

So the next step is to install Voobly. I installed it in French (my mothertongue) or even tried English to see.
Then I update AOM TT to 1.03.
Then, when I try to create the Lobby, Voobly will automatically launch an update and make me download patchs 1.01 & 1.02

At this point, I can finally create a lobby and launch the game alone -> the game is launched but I do have the same 4 problems listed above.

Any ideas guys ?! :|

Thanks a lot !

edit : my AOM (vanilla) is working perfectly
 wowvanilla

Düzenlendi03/02/2018 - 19:26 tarafından wowvanilla
Hi

I made another test :

I uninstalled AOM and AOM TT
I reinstalled AOM and AOM TT
I didn't update anything on AOM TT : I just replace the .exe so I can launch AOM TT without CD

> it works and the game is launching : but I already have thoses 4 problems below !!
1 ) When the game starts, the camera is not focused on my main TC (it's in another foggy/dark side of the map),
2 ) When I select a villy, I can't see any icon for buildings. If I select my TC, I can't see any icon to produce Villys.
3 ) I also noticed that if I launch the AOM or AOM TT campain, it's buggued.
Like the 1rst mission of AOM TT campain is stuck on the cinematic (I can see the map, but nothing is happening).
4 ) When I want to play alone, the first map which is selected by Default is named "Invalid". And I can't play it. It's weird, it's the first time that I see this "Invalid" map appears.

How come ? I just installed AOM and AOM TT with a legit CD (just used a "crack" .exe to launch AOM TT without using Voobly's Lobby) ! I didn't even updated AOM nor AOM TT (no 1.03 update, nothing)

Thanks a lot !
 wowvanilla

Gönderildi 03/02/2018 - 22:45
Hi,

I gave up, and finally re-installed it on my Windows 7 (32 bits) double boot.
I think a Windows Update on WIN10 (the one released on 27 January) caused this problem.

Thanks for the help

[1]
1 7 arasından ilk 7 - 0 görüntüleniyor
Foruma Git:
3 Kullanıcı(lar) Bu sayfaya bakıyor (30 dakika içinde)
0 üye, 3 ziyaretçi

What's popular right now: